Ceramic tiles are a great option for wall decoration. It is environmentally friendly, resistant to external influences, easy to care for, does not absorb moisture. As a means of decoration, this material is indispensable for both private and public interiors and spaces.
Tiles can have different surfaces:
- gloss – excites the look with smoothness and brilliance;
- dullness – creates a calm atmosphere and comfort;
- relief – with its expressive texture tactilely attractive.
The widest selection of tiles with unique reliefs and imitation of natural materials offers the Spanish company Porcelanosa.
Tile sizes can be very different, but the growing trend of large-format tiles has become a clear trend. It has two main advantages: the ability to create holistic, monolithic surfaces and a stylish appearance.
The traditional size of Porcelanosa wall tiles is 316×900 mm, but the formats 596×596, 220×900, 450×1200 mm are also common.
Characteristics of wall tiles:
- the porous base of white clay (high water absorption> 10%);
- decors with vitrified glaze;
- firing according to the moon burning system;
- maybe subject to a mechanical process consisting of the rectification of the parties in order to achieve uniformity of size, to facilitate the laying of material with a minimum seam (1.5 mm).
Porcelanosa wall tiles
The tile of large formats is laid taking into account the structure and condition of the walls, temperature, and humidity in the room, the duration of the hardening of the glue.
Important points of tile installation are as follows:
- For large, heavy porcelain stoneware, a perfectly flat surface is required. The best way out is special mixes for leveling.
- The type of adhesive is critical. Using standard glue is a common mistake, it will not withstand the stress and expansion created by large tiles. For very large tile panels, a quick setting adhesive is used.
- The spatula is chosen to take into account the front and back texture of the tile, the degree of evenness of the wall.
- It is important to determine the location of the tiles. Laying horizontally visually makes the room wider, but lower, and vertical – narrows the space, but stretches it in height. Woodgrain tiles require special attention: its well-defined texture requires careful fitting to make the pattern appear natural.
Porcelanosa tile texture options
Tile for concrete is Porcelanosa’s strong point. Imitation of concrete is a fashion trend that allows you to create an extraordinary interior without the use of decorative excesses.
In the line of “concrete” tiles, the Porcelanosa Park collection with a slant in vintage occupies a prominent place. This tile imitates untreated concrete, the surface of which is characterized by dullness and natural halftones, making each tile panel unique. The subtlety and grace of texture elements give the impression of freshness and lightness.
The real highlight of interior solutions in the urban style will be Venis Boulevard tiles. It supports the expressive uncompromising minimalism, creates an original background and sets the tone for the entire space.
Marble wall tiles are an unfading passion for all designers and architects. Sample of luxury and elegance is Porcelanosa Calacata tile with imitation of Italian marble. Spanish designers incredibly accurately reproduced the unique drawing of a noble stone, its finest lines and the game of soft color tints. An interior with such tiles becomes amazing in beauty.
Tip: Any resident or guest of Moscow who visits the Kitai-Gorod metro passage, whose walls are lined with material with such an unforgettable pattern as in the Calacata collection, can evaluate the drawing of Italian marble.
Wood tile is an excellent solution for those who value this natural material for aesthetic qualities but cannot use it in decoration due to performance characteristics. Porcelanosa offers many “wooden” tiles. The London collection faithfully conveys details in the form of veins and annual rings.
Taco Oxford tile imitates a rustic-style finish, reproducing an oak slice pattern. Each tile panel is “folded” of 24 squares, stunningly similar to a fresh cut of oak timber. When laying such tiles, it is important to remember the choice of direction and the need to carefully customize the wood pattern.
Wall tiles for stone – a great solution for interiors with aesthetics of natural naturalness. A striking specimen is the Venis Ruggine collection, imitating natural stone with metallic splashes. The naturalness of the uneven texture, delicate vein pattern, the play of shades, fragments with oxidation create a complete sense of the creation of nature.
The “stone” collection of Porcelanosa Belice is distinguished by complex, heterogeneous combinations of halftones, a unique grainy pattern, and relief with the effect of friability and roughness. An interior with such tiles acquires laconicism and sophistication of simplicity.
Tiles made of natural stone – the crown of finishing materials. At Porcelanosa Grupo, specialists from L’Antic Colonial are responsible for this area, tirelessly looking for fresh ideas, textures, formats, and original colors. The new Habana Gray collection is based on material from Asia. Its original dark gray surface is covered with thin black-brown veins, creating the impression of a special kind of marble.
Large format wall tile- This is a bright present and undeniable future of the sphere of exclusive decoration. Masters of various departments of the Porcelanosa Grupo concern are constantly looking for new textures and designs, offer a wide variety of collections that can become an adornment for any design decisions.